Total Pageviews

Friday, August 24, 2012

'PAINT' DRAMA

Child and I have had quite a fraught week.  I'm tired from being pregnant and having a rare immunological disease whilst running my own business and trying to keep house which this week has additionally included cleaning the windows.  She's got a cold.  This leads to grumpy child and grumpy grown up, epitomised beautifully by me putting her on the naughty step in bushy park only to have her take her shorts off and throw them at me!

So tonight I've decided that I'm going to be super uber nice to her.  She's tired and poorly after all - she needs her mummy to be nice.  We snuggled up with some smarties and Peppa Pig.  After a while she disappeared off upstairs to 'get a toy'.  On coming back down the toy turned out to be my mascara and she had painted the backs of her hands, her arms and her cardigan using said mascara.

And breath.  And count to 10.  And breath.

"You know that's naughty to use mummy's mascara like that" I said in a calm but serious voice.  "We need to wash it off your hands".  She screamed.  She ran.  I caught her.  I tried to clean her.  She resisted.  I wrestled her to the floor.  She wiped mascara on the carpet.  I put her on the naughty step.

I didn't shout at her though!  In the two minutes that she sat on the naughty step I put the mascara in the bin.  It's just easier!

No comments: